Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tommy Santee Klaws, I Love You Mumble Kitty by J Senior



OK...this may be a little unfair, but I know Mr.Klaws personally...we played in bands together and I missed his wedding party for some dumb reason. But I figured there is nothing wrong with spreading the gospel of some good ole' time, sweet, creepy, twisted, furry folk. I will be short and sweet.

MySpace is crapping out on me at the moment so I can't listen for reference while I write this (I use "write" in a very liberal manner...its more like electronic scribbling). Tommy's music sounds like some high voiced hick from the backwoods of Virginia crashed into a circus comprised of children's toys and bad dreams.

Check out the song "All I know", its like some lush, romantic, Latin lament...with a crazy toy piano and unintelligible lyrics (excepting the line "...and how they hate your guts"). Or "Dead Leaves and BumbleBees"...I'm not sure i need to say more about that.

Bottom line is there is something charming and soothing about Tommy's plaintive mumble and the arrangements/instrumentation tends towards brilliantly odd and beautiful.

SENIOR FINAL VERDICT:
MySpace Friendship Accepted

P.S. Chubby monkeys rule

No comments: