Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tommy Santee Klaws, I Call You Kitty Mumbles by J. Junior



Ever wonder what it sounds like to have a kittycat mumbling into your asshole with beautiful acoustics in the background? Then it's time you give "Summer Dogs I" by Tommy Santee Klaws a listen.

I'll be the first to admit, the music itself is beautiful. The subtlety of the acoustic guitar keeping the beat, with the amazing violin playing in the background, I really dug that. No complaints here.

What Tommy doesn't have going for him on this track are the vocals. I swear to god once he really gets going, it sounds like an effeminate man, and at times even a feline, trying to sing into a pillow or as I put it earlier, an asshole. Since all I'm getting on this end are kittycat mumbles, I don't even know what the hell the song is about but I'm still curious, so I give the second song "Good Manatee" a listen.

"Good Manatee" is purely an insturmental, that sounds like something you'd hear playing at some sort of goth circus or in a really fucked up twisted version of Amelie. At this point I have stopped listening to all of his music all together.

JUNIOR FINAL VERDICT: Myspace Frienship Accepted



There's just something kind of endearing about a fat hispanic dude with a ponytail and an amish beard who hugs puppies in photographs, dresses up as a furrie cow, hangs out with little kids and plays weird off the wall acoustic shit. I would totally be best friends with this dude. Rock on Tommy Santee Klaws.

I threw a youtube video of Tommy playing down here on the end to show off some more of his chunky bearded adorableness. Pay close attention to the asian looking guy on accordian. He's really feeling the rawness of this particular set. He's got the Stevie Wonder face/neck thing going on. Either that, or he's on quaaludes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

KILLER opening line!

Anonymous said...

I heard that J. Junior love kitties in his ass.. I listened to Tommys stuff and I thought it was awesome music.. I guess he's just not Brittney enough for Gay J.

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.