Friday, August 17, 2007

Ben Godwin...he's grisly: by J Senior

You know...I'm trying very hard to level my character to 70 in WoW (halfway to 69 now...whooohoo), but then people send us friend requests and J-junior says" Ohhhh we have to write this week...". YIPEE!! This in turn means that I have to listen to some loser from Britain who thinks he has something new to say about how New York is dirty. No fuckin shit!!! Go back to England and eat your pudding!! I don't care what you think, I really don't!! If New York sucks so much, why the hell do you live there? If there is one thing I can't stand is people complaining about where they live (except for when I do it of course... when I do it, it is cute and endearing, just like everything I do). It’s like they can't find the airport.

On to the music. There is a piano…great…innovative, I think there is a banjo…why doesn’t this guy have any sort of British accent? His voice is all gritty and not entirely unlike someone who is trying very hard to sound like Tom Waits. The music is self described as "grisly vaudeville rock'n'roll from UK via NYC".

Grisly

Speaking of Tom Waits, that man is mentioned like 100 times on this Myspace page. I am not saying that Ben Godwin is a complete rip-off; I think that is simply implied by listening…you don’t need me to tell you that. He does a cover of “In my Time of Dying”…Led Zeppelin is better (I told you I am old right?), so I guess that fulfills the blues criteria required by students of the Tom Waits school.

Speaking of the quoted description above, I don’t hear anything even remotely smelling like rock and roll here…maybe its just that he is white. I’m white, does that make me rock and roll?

I don’t like this stuff, its crap, utter crap, don’t take my word for it though; I am bitter and not to be trusted.




Senior Fin
al Verdict: Myspace Friendship Denied

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are correct. total and utter crap. i can't believe people listen to his music. quick someone has to deport him.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful post.
Thank you for providing these details.
Feel free to surf my webpage : http://www.bhgalleries.com